Another great Tableau visualisation, this time on this year’s Champions League stats so far: https://public.tableau.com/s/gallery/whos-boss-european-football You may need to brush-up on your Spanish skills but thanks to Google Translate, the stand-out stats for me are:
- Luiz Adriano is spoliling the annual Ronaldo/Messi show with 9 goals in the competition. Of course, the Real Madrid and Barcelona players can still add to their totals, whereas Shaktar Donetsk were eliminated in the Quarter Finals after a hammering from Bayern.
- The Pep Effect – Bayern Munich lead the way in terms of Goals, Possession, and Pass Completion.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has taken the most shots. Shock.
- Until their capitulation in the Quarter Final second-leg, Porto were the last unbeaten team in the competition.
- A striker leads the way in metres covered – Edinson Cavani of PSG.
- With a pass-completion rate of 92%, Giorgio Chiellini of Juventus is the competitions most accurate passer. Solid.
- Cesc Fabregas is the King of the Assist, even in Europe.
- Bayer Leverkusen are by far the dirtiest team in the Champions League.
- Eden Hazard spends most of his time on a football pitch getting kicked.